Oy. Republicans. White, one and all. Even those who are not so white.
Take a look at the Cook County, IL, Republican Party Executive Board:
- Liz Gorman – Chairman: White
- Commissioner Tim Schneider-Deputy Chair: White
- Judy Diekelman-Secretary: White
- Maureen Murphy-Treasurer: Pasty white
- Ruth O’Connell-Vice Chair: White
- Hon. Lee Roupas – Vice Chair: White
- Hon. June O’Donoghue – Vice Chair: White
- Joe Hedrick – Vice Chair: Old Money Scary White
- Anthony Castrogiovanni – Vice Chair: White
- Honorable James Parrilli – Vice Chair: No picture, but White
- Hon. Frank L. Capuzi – Vice Chair: And White
What a group. I’m sure it’s a coincidence that all of their People of Color were not elected to office this year. Must have had other things to do.
Or, perhaps the family maids and chauffeurs don’t get much of a vote in the GOP.